Posted by: 4pack | June 22, 2009

“Ideal Shape”: Overweight Men Fail In Achieving Weight Loss By Violating 10 Dieting Basics, Including “Eating Too Fast”

 THIS IS A GREAT A GREAT SET OF 10 “MISTAKES” THAT MEN MAKE…AT FOUR PACKS, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DIET…80% OF ATTAINABLE “IDEAL SHAPE” COMES FROM THE DIET REGIMEN AND EXERCISE MAKES UP THE OTHER 20%…READ BELOW AND MAKE CORRECTIONS…:

It takes men about 20 minutes for their brain to receive the signal that the stomach is full, so stop eating before you're full and wait at least 10 minutes before having seconds.

It takes men about 20 minutes for their brain to receive the signal that the stomach is full, so stop eating before you're full and wait at least 10 minutes before having seconds.

  1. Eating too much. If you finish what’s on your plate and then the plates of others, or if you always have seconds, you’re in trouble. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to receive the signal that your stomach is full, so stop eating before you’re full and wait at least 10 minutes before having seconds.
  2. Portion distortion. Maintaining a healthy weight means eating the right foods in the right amounts. Take 15 minutes to educate yourself about current portion size recommendations and you’ll save yourself a lot of calories and a few pounds.
  3. Drinking your calories. Beer, soda, and energy drinks have no nutritional value and can cause dehydration. Current beverage guidelines suggest reducing our consumption of these beverages by at least 75 percent.
  4. Snacking on unhealthy foods. Food is fuel for your body. If foods like beef jerky, potato chips, and buffalo wings were sold as fuel for your car, would you buy it? Guys, it’s time to treat your body like the amazing machine that it is.
  5. Eating late at night. Late night Hagen-Dazs binges are not going to help that expanding mid-section. If you must have a late night snack, consider healthy alternatives like cottage cheese and fruit, or natural peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat toast.
  6. Not eating breakfast. A quick and easy breakfast that is a combination of carbohydrates and protein is all you need. Cottage cheese, fruit, and a slice of whole wheat toast will keep your engine running until your mid-morning snack.
  7. Eating whatever you want. As an adult, your body’s metabolism has changed significantly from that of the teenager you once were, so you must adjust your caloric intake accordingly. To compute your caloric needs, click here.
  8. Eating processed foods. Caveman didn’t live off of hotdogs, lunch meats, canned ravioli, and frozen dinners and neither should you. Instead, eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
  9. Not drinking enough water. Factors such a physical activity and climate increase your H20 needs. Take this quiz to see if you’re drinking enough water.
  10. Not eating enough. Skipping meals or not eating enough at meals, leads to overeating later. Eating five to six small meals a day, spaced two to three hours apart is really the healthiest way to eat.

http://www.examiner.com/x-9641-LA-Diets-Examiner~y2009m6d22-10-Diet-mistakes-men-make

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: